DIY Light It Up Message Box!

Craftization:  Where Beauty Meets Organization Series

I'd like to take a minute to explain the motivation behind my quest to offer this series. 

Say it with style!  Whether you need a "pick me up" for your office or school, or you'd like to announce messages to your students in style, this project can do it all!

Beautiful things can spark motivation in most of us.  Why not surround yourself and your students with beautiful things that excite and energize?  I know that I work so much better when things are organized, clutter-free, and aesthetically appealing.  Honestly, my students do as well.  

I find that the simplest decorative or organizational items placed in my classroom evoke immediate interest in about 95% of my students!  Something as simple as a vase of fake flowers in a vase filled with ABC's got my Kindergartners super excited!  It doesn't take much to add a little flare to encourage excitement and motivation.

Let's turn our thinking to ourselves.  What kind of workspace do you perform best in?  A cluttered, messy, hodge-podge, area or one that is organized and beautiful.  I know that I work best when my items are organized and within reach but it helps a tiny bit more if they all look wonderful and cohesive too.  It might be that I'm a little OCD but I'm thinking that professional organizers and home interior designers would beg to differ.  After all they make a living out of providing their customers with organized beauty.

"A clutter-free area=a clutter-free mind" The message behind this quote is why I am devoted to not only cleaning up and jazzing up my work area, but also to offer YOU an invitation to take this journey with me through social media.  

As teachers/teacherpreneurs we have many needs from content & research, tips & resources, to clarity & a healthy mindset.  Putting all of these things together is key to becoming and feeling successful.  I have gained SO much from so many wonderful teachers/teacherpreneurs over the past 6 months.  The knowledge and encouragement that has been afforded and offered to me is priceless.  I cannot believe how my life as a teacher and person has changed due to all of this outpouring of support/assistance/ and camaraderie.

Even with all of this, I still felt that I needed more...I know...how could I possibly need more?  Over winter break I was sitting in my usual work spot and couldn't find inspiration at all.  Each day I struggled to create and felt a little worn down.  I couldn't figure it out and I started to worry that I might have lost my desire or ability to be creative and focused, until one morning I woke up to immediate clarity.  I knew what was wrong!  My work space was AWFUL!  I had no desire to work where I was trying to work.  My items were disorganized and their placement made no sense.  I NEEDED organizational clarity and I longed for that space to be a place I wanted to be.

So...I ran off to Hobby Lobby and giggled and smiled as I chose my new office decor!  Guess what? I have accomplished more in the past 3 weeks in that space than I had accomplished in the past two months!

We all need different things to achieve our goals, but I'm pretty sure that our #teacherprenuertribe #thmpride group #teachersofinstagram etc. friends will not give up on helping and inspiring each other...EVER!

So I'd love to join in and help out, even a little, if I can.  I'm offering some inspiration and information in the area of providing organizational workspace advice and tips.  If you'd like to join me you can find me here, Periscope, Facebook, Twitter, and Sheila Jane's Teach Happy Membership.
Together we can conquer anything...#likeaboss  #girlboss(for the ladies) :)

Here's my latest Periscope idea in my Craftization Series: Where Beauty Meets Organization!

Lighted Message Board


Click on the link below to grab these free directions!




Take some time and do something creative for yourself.  Channel your inner crafter.  Enjoy your day and make your message shine!

Until the next post...



No comments

Back to Top