STOP Teaching Reading! START Teaching Readers!


This is part of my series on iteachtvnetwork called I've Assessed, Now What?

Here's the Periscope Video Link:


The slides from the Periscope are below.




Since this links are not clickable here, I will list them separately below.

Resources For Teaching the Reader








Professional Books







I've taken countless college courses, webinars, and read tens of professional teaching books and in my quest for learning how to be the best reading teacher I can be and I've found it boils down to this...
Teaching reading needs to come from the heart!

Enjoy your time with your students! 
Until the next post...




1 comment

  1. I just saw your Periscope and I had tears in my eyes. I absolutely love it! Teaching readers not teaching reading is the perfect motto. I may put it up in my classroom. I am one of the few in my building that teaches reading with novels and the negativity I get for doing that at times can be really discouraging. Thank you for your Periscope and your blog post. I will be referring back to it often and hopefully sharing it with others. Have a great vacation!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top