#2getherwearebetter

So excited to jump into a new school year this August....after 26 years?  Really?  How can this be you ask?  Well...I owe it to all the new friends I've connected with via social media this summer!  It's amazing to think that one little idea could spark such an uproar of excitement and emotion but I feel blessed to have been part of this social media craze that started with the following of the TpT Vegas Conference!  Thanks to two wonderful ladies that have inspired me beyond words (Angie @ Little Lucky Learners, and Ashley @ Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd, I have hopped on that social bandwagon and strapped myself in for quite a ride.  Join the craze @#2getherwearebetter


What have I been inspired to do since this broadcast live from the halls of Vegas on Periscope?
-Start a Literacy Tribe https://www.facebook.com/groups/LiteracyTribe/
  full of wonderful teachers that love all things literacy (just like me!)
-Found a blog designer to redo my...not so pretty...blog.
-Hired an artist friend to design a logo and "face" for my literacy link ups
-Been inspired to create items to help each other spread the love of literacy!

I am currently very excited about my newest project, creating a How-To on creating green screen book trailers/movies.  I started using them last summer with our summer reading program and they took off from there!  Last year I had a waiting list of students grades 1-5 wanting to read award winning books and create book trailers to share with their friends and families.

I have never seen such an motivational reading movement in all of my teaching career!  So...I want to share exactly how to make this happen in more classrooms.  Completing it is my goal this week.  I will share the minute it is ready!

I have a confession...

I even have an even bigger idea!!!

Here it is:

I WOULD LOVE TO LINK UP STUDENTS AND CLASSROOMS BY SHARING STUDENT-MADE BOOK TRAILERS!  Wouldn't that be an amazing use of social media????

I'm so excited!  Now I just have to find a way to make this happen.  Contact me if you are willing to link up to my students this fall.(link2teach@gmail.com)  Connecting students through literature....GIVES ME GOOSEBUMPS!

Stay tuned...

Jenny

No comments

Back to Top