If You Build it...They Will Come!(and read)


So the year is starting its downward slope toward summer...yet I'm still not ready to wind down.  How did you spend your spring break? Camping, traveling, visiting family, or creating a reading nook for your students?  Well I'm sure I'm one of the few that did the latter. :)

I have been longing to create an area where my reluctant readers will want to grab a good book, cozy up in a soft place, and read!  I thought about how I could instill a "need to read" in my students before they are off on summer break.  I decided to create inspiration for them by creating a cozy reading corner in my room. 

The plan is to visit some Pinterest sights with my students to help them plan out an inexpensive and easy to create reading getaway for their summer reading fun.

What great ideas do you have to start sparking the "need to read" in your students/children this summer?  What will you build?

Enjoy!



Jenny

No comments

Back to Top