Step By Step Green Screen App Tutorial

For the past two years I have spent my time searching for great software that students could use to create their very own green screen movies. The market for green screen apps is lacking, but I have found one that when used with the iMovie app can provide students with an easy way to create their very own exciting movies using green screen technology.

 My intention on creating these videos was to create book trailer videos to spotlight, introduce, and excite students about quality literature. My goal was to find a fun way to involve the students in this process. For an entire year I could not find an app or the devices needed in order to make this happen. I continued to make the videos myself using my personal MacBook Pro laptop and the iMovie software.

 Well...I am excited to share with you that I have found a green screen app that can be used in conjunction (if you desire) with the iMovie app for iPads. So if you own an iPad...you are halfway there!




 I have also put together a product you may download and use in your classroom tomorrow. You can access this product by clicking on the link below.



 If you wish to grab a freebie product you can use to help your students plan their green screen presentations, you can grab this freebie at the link below.


I have presented an online tutorial on how to use both apps. This video tutorial is below.



I would LOVE to hear any questions or comments you'd like to share about using a green screen in your classroom!  I hope that you and your students get as much enjoyment out of it as we have. :)

Until the next post...



No comments

Back to Top