Read Aloud A Week (RAAW): Pax by Sara Pennypacker

Tonight's Read Aloud A Week:  Pax by Sara Pennypacker


Tonight I am beginning my new quest. As a reading teacher, I know all too well the importance of reading aloud to children. Research shows that reading aloud to children regularly puts them academically a year ahead of children who are not read aloud to regardless of any socioeconomic differences.
But I also realize how time consuming it can be to find those read alouds (besides the classics) that will provide quality literary experiences that we all long to provide our children.
Therefore, I will be researching and presenting a new book each Sunday to help you build your read aloud list.
Remember...quality literature has no age boundaries. After all, do we not all have the fondest memories of those cherished stories of Charlie and his magical chocolate factory tour, and Fern and her struggles to learn the most difficult of life's lessons?
Authors are continually producing new literature that will stand the same test of time as those classics. These are the books I will be sharing and loving with all of you each week.
I will showcase them, show you clips, trailers, and audio clips right here.
I present to you my first Read Aloud A Week Pick...Pax by Sara Pennypacker!


The link below is a review of the book.
smile emoticon



This wonderful book has now become a staple in my library.  I'd love to hear what you think and especially what you do with this wonderful novel.

Until the next post...






No comments

Back to Top