My 1st Periscope!! 8 Picture Books That Will Change the Way You Teach Comprehension

AHHHHH!!  I have been lurking Periscope since July when Angie from Lucky Little Learners and Ashley from Schroeder Shenanigans in Second did their first scope LIVE from the TpT conference in Vegas.

What an exciting day in history...in my opinion!  I have found that Periscope can really be an amazing tool to help educators "spread the word".  I took the plunge today and did my first scope from my classroom, since all of the things I needed to show you were there.

In my scope I share with you the 8 children's books I use to teach my struggling readers HOW to comprehend.  Comprehension is such an enormous concept!  It envelopes so many skills that happen simultaneously.  I'm not sure how so many people "get it" so easily...something to think about...

Well my kiddos struggle to comprehend and I needed to find a fun, easy to remember, mnemonic type device that resonated with them and motivated them to want to take on this ginormous task!

This scope was my introduction into the WHY and a tid bit of HOW I use these books to teach comprehension.  Please excuse the newbie mistakes...(how do you turn this thing off????) Ha!  I actually cackle laughed when watching the replay.

Here it is:





My hope is this sparks a thought, intrigues you into wanting to dig for good picture books to use, and maybe even gives you a chuckle as I fumble through my first scope.

Here's the book titles I showcased:


Until the next post...


No comments

Back to Top